Civil Registration and Vital Statistics (City of Muntinlupa): 2021 Preliminary Counts as of 28 February 2022

Reference Number: 

SR 2022 - 14

Release Date: 

Friday, June 17, 2022
Statistics on Vital Events City of Muntinlupa: 2021 Preliminary Counts as of 28 February 2022
The data on the number of births, marriages, and deaths (vital events) presented in this Special Release were obtained from the vital events registered, either timely or belatedly, at the Office of the City Civil Registrar of Muntinlupa and subsequently submitted for encoding to the Office of the Civil Registrar General through the Provincial Statistical Offices (PSOs) of the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA). The information presented includes the vital events that occurred from January to December 2021 based on data files received by the PSA - Civil Registration Service (CRS) from the PSOs as of 28 February 2022. Thus, the figures presented herein are still preliminary and may differ from the final count.
 
City of Muntinlupa registers more than five thousand five hundred live births in 2021.
 
From January to December of 2021, the City of Muntinlupa registered a total of 5,518 live births. This contributed to 3.52 percent of the 156,931 total number of registered live births in the National Capital Region (NCR). The city ranked ninth based on the number of registered live births in the region. (See Figure 1)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
The number of live births accounted from first to fourth quarter of 2021 exhibited a decrease of 22.20 percent from the 7,093 total registered live births in the same quarters of 2020. Registered live births for males were recorded 2,875 or 52 percent, while the remaining 2,643 or 48 percent were females. This gives a sex ratio of 109 males per 100 females born in the city as registered in 2021. (See Figures 2 and 3)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
Death statistics in the City of Muntinlupa tolls to more than three thousand six hundred in 2021.
 
A total of 3,648 death occurrences were registered in 2021 in the City of Muntinlupa. This gave a percentage share of about 3.61 percent of the 101,064 total number of registered deaths in NCR on the same reference period. Based on the number of deaths in the region, the city ranked eleventh with Quezon City on top of the board. (See Figure 4)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
The reported figure of registered deaths in 2021 showed an increase of 332 death occurrences or 10.01 percent higher than the previous year of the same reference period. The 57 percent or 2,088 of the death occurrences in the city from January to December of 2021 were males while the remaining 43 percent or 1,560 were females. As to sex ratio, there are 134 males that die for every 100 females in the City of Muntinlupa. (See Figures 5 and 6)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
City of Muntinlupa at number eleven in the number of registered marriages in NCR.
 
The city accounted a total of 1,340 marriage occurrences from first to fourth quarter of 2021. This contributed to 3.36 percent of the 39,916 total marriages in the National Capital Region for the same reference period. City of Muntinlupa ranked eleventh in the highest number of registered marriages in the prime region. (See Figure 7)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
The number of registered marriages obtained from January to December of 2021 displayed an increase of 13.27 percent from the 1,183 total registered marriages in the same reference period of the previous year. (See Figure 8)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
 
 

Table 1. Number of Registered Vital Events by City/Municipality, National Capital Region: 

January to December 2021P

REGION, CITY/MUNICIPALITY

 

Number of Live Births by Sex and by Usual Residence of Mother

Number of Deaths by Sex and by Usual Residence of Deceased

Number of Marriages by Place of Occurrence

Both Sexes

Male

Female

Both Sexes

Male

Female

Total

NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION (NCR)

 156,931

 81,457

 75,474

 101,064

 56,561

 44,503

 39,916

City of Manila

 22,310

 11,493

 10,817

 14,339

 8,043

 6,296

 7,891

City of Mandaluyong

 4,485

 2,366

 2,119

 2,828

 1,609

 1,219

 892

City of Marikina

 5,510

 2,895

 2,615

 4,264

 2,340

 1,924

 1,423

City of Pasig

 10,278

 5,338

 4,940

 6,195

 3,419

 2,776

 1,512

Quezon City

 33,568

 17,306

 16,262

 23,064

 12,741

 10,323

 12,188

City of San Juan

 1,113

 585

 528

 1,108

 603

 505

 339

City of Caloocan

 20,788

 10,822

 9,966

 12,617

 7,200

 5,417

 3,767

City of Malabon

 4,565

 2,322

 2,243

 3,167

 1,775

 1,392

 551

City of Navotas

 3,486

 1,794

 1,692

 1,822

 1,025

 797

 223

City of Valenzuela

 8,084

 4,168

 3,916

 5,419

 3,085

 2,334

 1,924

City of Las Piñas

 7,067

 3,683

 3,384

 4,791

 2,645

 2,146

 1,809

City of Makati

 5,297

 2,824

 2,473

 4,390

 2,382

 2,008

 1,726

City of Muntinlupa

 5,518

 2,875

 2,643

 3,648

 2,088

 1,560

 1,340

City of Parañaque

 7,787

 4,129

 3,658

 4,984

 2,820

 2,164

 1,357

Pasay City

 4,453

 2,317

 2,136

 2,904

 1,653

 1,251

 1,648

Pateros

 701

 390

 311

 574

 330

 244

 181

City of Taguig

 11,921

 6,150

 5,771

 4,950

 2,803

 2,147

 1,145

Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)

 

Table 2. Number of Registered Vital Events by City/Municipality, National Capital Region: 

January to December 2020

REGION, CITY/MUNICIPALITY

 

Number of Live Births by Sex and by Usual Residence of Mother

Number of Deaths by Sex and by Usual Residence of Deceased

Number of Marriages by Place of Occurrence

Both Sexes

Male

Female

Both Sexes

Male

Female

Total

NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION (NCR)

 198,981

 103,482

 95,499

 84,355

 48,100

 36,255

 32,689

City of Manila

 27,375

 14,344

 13,031

 12,808

 7,395

 5,413

 6,070

City of Mandaluyong

 5,773

 2,994

 2,779

 2,219

 1,231

 988

 709

City of Marikina

 7,027

 3,695

 3,332

 3,666

 2,075

 1,591

 1,192

City of Pasig

 13,160

 6,813

 6,347

 4,887

 2,771

 2,116

 1,329

Quezon City

 44,445

 23,089

 21,356

 18,455

 10,347

 8,108

 9,420

City of San Juan

 1,519

 797

 722

 928

 516

 412

 277

City of Caloocan

 26,524

 13,788

 12,736

 10,176

 5,889

 4,287

 4,165

City of Malabon

 5,787

 2,998

 2,789

 2,458

 1,403

 1,055

 467

City of Navotas

 3,817

 1,983

 1,834

 1,563

 925

 638

 206

City of Valenzuela

 10,584

 5,466

 5,118

 4,321

 2,482

 1,839

 1,475

City of Las Piñas

 8,743

 4,520

 4,223

 4,155

 2,325

 1,830

 1,294

City of Makati

 7,223

 3,775

 3,448

 3,544

 1,992

 1,552

 1,433

City of Muntinlupa

 7,093

 3,677

 3,416

 3,316

 1,918

 1,398

 1,183

City of Parañaque

 9,613

 5,053

 4,560

 4,324

 2,495

 1,829

 1,039

Pasay City

 5,534

 2,793

 2,741

 2,729

 1,572

 1,157

 1,293

Pateros

 870

 434

 436

 457

 261

 196

 142

City of Taguig

 13,894

 7,263

 6,631

 4,349

 2,503

 1,846

 995

Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division

 

Technical Notes
 
Civil Registration is the recording in the appropriate civil registers, vital acts and events that affect the civil status of individuals.
 
Vital Statistics are derived from information obtained at the time when the occurrences of vital events and their characteristics are inscribed in a civil register.
 
Vital acts and events are the births, deaths, fetal deaths, marriages, and all such events that have something to do with an individual's entrance and departure from life together with the changes in civil status that may occur to a person during his lifetime. Recording of these events in the civil register is known as vital or civil registration and the resulting documents are called vital records.
 
Live Birth - is the complete expulsion or extraction from its mother of a product of conception, irrespective of the duration of pregnancy, which, after such separation, breathes or shows any other evidence of life, such as beating of the heart, pulsation of umbilical cord, or definite movement of the voluntary muscles. Whether or not the umbilical cord has been cut or the placenta is attached; each product of such a birth is considered live born.
 
Marriage - is a special contract of permanent union between a man and a woman entered into in accordance with law for the establishment of conjugal and family life.
 
Death - refers to the permanent disappearance of all evidence of life at any time after live birth has taken place.
 
Counts on Births - include babies born in the Philippines whose mother’s usual residence is in a foreign country.
 
Counts on Deaths - include individuals who died in the Philippines whose usual residence is in a foreign country.
 
Sex Ratio - refers to the number of males per one hundred females.
 
Usual Residence - refers to the place where the person habitually or permanently resides.
 
For more details, please visit www.psa.gov.ph
 
 
 
 
 
ESTRELLA R. VARGAS
Chief Statistical Specialist

Tags: 

Attachments: