Civil Registration and Vital Statistics (City of Muntinlupa): First Quarter 2019 (Preliminary Results)

Reference Number: 

SR-2020 - 03

Release Date: 

Thursday, January 16, 2020
Statistics on Vital Events City of Muntinlupa: First Quarter 2019
Civil Registration is a continuous process. Hence, there is a need to establish certain cut-off period. The data presented herein are events that occurred from January to March 2019, registered at the Local Civil Registry Office of City of Muntinlupa until April 2019 and submitted to PSA-CRS until June 2019. Caution must be employed in interpreting the data since the figures were not adjusted in consideration of under registration.
 
City of Muntinlupa registers more than one thousand five hundred live births in the first quarter of 2019.
 
From January to March of 2019, the City of Muntinlupa registered a total of 1,596 live births. This contributed to 3.44 percent of the 47,722 total number of registered live births in the whole National Capital Region (NCR). The city ranked eleventh with the highest number of registered live births in NCR (See Figure 1)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
The number of live births accounted for the first quarter of 2019 showed an increase of 40 percent from the 1,136 total registered live births in the same quarter of 2018. Registered live births for males were recorded at 818 or 51 percent while the remaining 778 or 49 percent were females. This gives a sex ratio of 105 males per 100 females born in the city as registered in the first cube of 2019 (See Figures 2 and 3).
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
 Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
Death statistics in the City of Muntinlupa tolls to more than seven hundred in the first quarter of 2019.
 
A total of 711 death occurrences were registered in the first quarter of 2019 in the City of Muntinlupa. This gave a percentage share of about 3.60 percent of the 19,749 total number of registered deaths in the NCR on the same period. The city ranked eleventh on the most number of deaths in the NCR, with Quezon City on top of the board (See Figure 4).
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
The reported figure of registered deaths in the first quarter of 2019 showed an increase of 39 death occurrences or about six percent higher than the previous year of the same quarter. The 53 percent or 380 of the death occurrences in the city from January to March of 2019 were males while the remaining 47 percent or 331 were females. As to sex ratio, there are 115 males that die for every 100 females in the City of Muntinlupa(See Figures 5 and 6).
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
City of Muntinlupa at number seven in the number of marriages in the National Capital Region.
 
The city accounted a total of 569 marriage occurrences in the first three months of 2019. This contributed to 3.97 percent of the 14,348 total marriages in the NCR on the same period. City of Muntinlupa ranked seventh in the highest number of marriage occurrences in the prime region (See Figure 7).
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
The number of registered marriages obtained for the first three months of 2019 showed an increase of five percent from the 543 total registered marriages in the same quarter of the previous year (See Figure 8).
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
 
 
Table 1. Number of Registered Vital Events by City/Municipality, National Capital Region: First Quarter 2019
REGION, CITY/MUNICIPALITY Number of Live Births by Sex and by Usual Residence of Mother Number of Deaths by Sex and by Usual Residence of Deceased Number of Marriages by Place of Occurrence
Both Sexes Male Female Both Sexes Male Female Total
NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION (NCR) 47,722 24,844 22,878 19,749 10,976 8,773 14,348
      City of Manila 7,160 3,720 3,440 3,052 1,744 1,308 2,947
      City of Mandaluyong 1,485 766 719 557 298 259 337
      City of Marikina 1,691 855 836 917 499 418 522
      City of Pasig 2,907 1,513 1,394 1,087 611 476 474
      Quezon City 11,021 5,642 5,379 4,436 2,444 1,992 4,018
      City of San Juan 395 208 187 194 95 99 178
      City of Caloocan 5,915 3,126 2,789 2,330 1,286 1,044 1,079
      City of Malabon 1,292 683 609 658 392 266 270
      City of Navotas 997 483 514 461 273 188 176
      City of Valenzuela 2,346 1,249 1,097 991 544 447 528
       City of Las Piñas 2,034 1,092 942 898 502 396 621
       City of Makati 1,750 932 818 816 439 377 585
       City of Muntinlupa 1,596 818 778 711 380 331 569
       City of Parañaque 2,390 1,276 1,114 953 519 434 568
       Pasay City 1,417 751 666 592 327 265 972
       Pateros 181 90 91 106 54 52 71
       City of Taguig 3,145 1,640 1,505 990 569 421 433

Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)

 

Table 2. Number of Registered Vital Events by City/Municipality, National Capital Region: First Quarter 2018
REGION, CITY/MUNICIPALITY Number of Live Births by Sex and by Usual Residence of Mother Number of Deaths by Sex and by Usual Residence of Deceased Number of Marriages by Place of Occurrence
Both Sexes Male Female Both Sexes Male Female Total
NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION (NCR) 41,842 21,735 20,107 16,839 9,403 7,436 13,907
      City of Manila 6,628 3,423 3,205 2,867 1,554 1,313 2,951
      City of Mandaluyong 1,312 693 619 539 278 261 343
      City of Marikina 1,554 803 751 708 393 315 528
      City of Pasig 2,682 1,382 1,300 929 517 412 505
      Quezon City 9,832 5,136 4,696 3,335 1,874 1,461 3,775
      City of San Juan 316 163 153 174 101 73 184
      City of Caloocan 4,886 2,597 2,289 1,971 1,116 855 1,334
      City of Malabon 1,002 533 469 554 335 219 295
      City of Navotas 833 419 414 406 238 168 157
      City of Valenzuela 2,085 1,049 1,036 833 448 385 404
      City of Las Piñas 1,711 878 833 812 433 379 561
      City of Makati 1,620 834 786 687 405 282 588
      City of Muntinlupa 1,136 596 540 672 363 309 543
      City of Parañaque 1,957 1,021 936 865 483 382 621
      Pasay City 1,094 564 530 520 296 224 651
      Pateros 195 99 96 92 45 47 74
      City of Taguig 2,999 1,545 1,454 875 524 351 393

Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)

 

 

Technical Notes
 
Vital statistics are derived from information obtained at the time when the occurrences of vital events and their characteristics are inscribed in a civil register.
 
Vital acts and events are the births, deaths, fetal deaths, marriages, and all such events that have something to do with an individual's entrance and departure from life together with the changes in civil status that may occur to a person during his lifetime. Recording of these events in the civil register is known as vital or civil registration and the resulting documents are called vital records.
 
Live Birth - is the complete expulsion or extraction from its mother of a product of conception, irrespective of the duration of pregnancy, which, after such separation, breathes or shows any other evidence of life, such as beating of the heart, pulsation of umbilical cord, or definite movement of the voluntary muscles. Whether or not the umbilical cord has been cut or the placenta is attached; each product of such a birth is considered live born.
 
Marriage - is a special contract of permanent union between a man and a woman entered into in accordance with law for the establishment of conjugal and family life.
 
Death - refers to the permanent disappearance of all evidence of life at any time after live birth has taken place.
 
Sex Ratio - refers to the number of males per one hundred females.
 
Usual Residence - refers to the place where the person habitually or permanently resides.
 
For more details, please visit www.psa.gov.ph
 
 
 
 
MARILYN P. VERGARA
Chief Administrative Officer
Officer-in-charge
 

 

Tags: 

Attachments: