Civil Registration and Vital Statistics (City of Muntinlupa): First Quarter 2021 (Preliminary Results)

Reference Number: 

SR 2022 - 10

Release Date: 

Friday, March 4, 2022
Statistics on Vital Events City of Muntinlupa: First Quarter 2021
Figures are results of actual registration without any adjustment of under-registration. Civil Registration is a continuous process. Hence, there is a need to establish certain cut-off period. The data presented herein are events occurred from January to March 2021.
 
City of Muntinlupa registers more than one thousand live births in the first quarter of 2021.
 
From January to March of 2021, the City of Muntinlupa registered a total of 1,008 live births. This contributed to 3.16 percent of the 31,904 total number of registered live births in the whole National Capital Region (NCR). The city ranked eleventh based on the number of registered live births in the region. (See Figure 1)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
The number of live births accounted for the first quarter of 2021 exhibited a decrease of 15.93 percent from the 1,199 total registered live births in the same quarter of 2020. Registered live births for males were recorded 524 or 52 percent, while the remaining 484 or 48 percent were females. This gives a sex ratio of 108 males per 100 females born in the city as registered in the first cube of 2021. (See Figures 2 and 3)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
Death statistics in the City of Muntinlupa tolls to more than six hundred in the first quarter of 2021.
 
A total of 621 death occurrences were registered in the first quarter of 2021 in the City of Muntinlupa. This gave a percentage share of about 2.89 percent of the 21,516 total number of registered deaths in NCR on the same reference period. Based on the number of deaths in the region, the city ranked fourteenth with Quezon City on top of the board. (See Figure 4)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
The reported figure of registered deaths in the first quarter of 2021 showed a decrease of 124 death occurrences or 16.64 percent lower than the previous year of the same reference period. The 58 percent or 360 of the death occurrences in the city from January to March of 2021 were males while the remaining 42 percent or 261 were females. As to sex ratio, there are 138 males that die for every 100 females in the City of Muntinlupa. (See Figures 5 and 6)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
City of Muntinlupa at number nine in the number of registered marriages in NCR.
 
The city accounted a total of 381 marriage occurrences in the first three months of 2021. This contributed to 3.65 percent of the 10,452 total marriages in the National Capital Region for the same reference period. City of Muntinlupa ranked ninth in the highest number of registered marriages in the prime region. (See Figure 7)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
The number of registered marriages obtained from January to March of 2021 displayed a decrease of 4.75 percent from the 400 total registered marriages in the same reference period of the previous year. (See Figure 8)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
 
 

Table 1. Number of Registered Vital Events by City/Municipality, National Capital Region: 

January to March 2021

REGION, CITY/MUNICIPALITY

 

Number of Live Births by Sex and by Usual Residence of Mother

Number of Deaths by Sex and by Usual Residence of Deceased

Number of Marriages by Place of Occurrence

Both Sexes

Male

Female

Both Sexes

Male

Female

Total

NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION (NCR)

31,904

16,671

15,233

21,516

12,186

9,330

10,452

City of Manila

4,541

2,367

2,174

2,911

1,689

1,222

2,010

City of Mandaluyong

956

497

459

638

382

256

285

City of Marikina

1,155

595

560

938

525

413

370

City of Pasig

2,131

1,129

1,002

1,376

751

625

412

Quezon City

7,041

3,704

3,337

4,908

2,744

2,164

3,189

City of San Juan

227

118

109

236

121

115

98

City of Caloocan

4,244

2,214

2,030

2,778

1,603

1,175

1,021

City of Malabon

862

437

425

732

392

340

99

City of Navotas

671

350

321

490

279

211

62

City of Valenzuela

1,622

870

752

1,187

675

512

542

City of Las Piñas

1,398

716

682

875

475

400

417

City of Makati

1,069

555

514

985

540

445

484

City of Muntinlupa

1,008

524

484

621

360

261

381

City of Parañaque

1,589

830

759

921

524

397

347

Pasay City

868

454

414

671

391

280

391

Pateros

146

72

74

133

78

55

55

City of Taguig

2,376

1,239

1,137

1,116

657

459

289

Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)

 

Table 2. Number of Registered Vital Events by City/Municipality, National Capital Region: 

January to March 2020

REGION, CITY/MUNICIPALITY

 

Number of Live Births by Sex and by Usual Residence of Mother

Number of Deaths by Sex and by Usual Residence of Deceased

Number of Marriages by Place of Occurrence

Both Sexes

Male

Female

Both Sexes

Male

Female

Total

NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION (NCR)

 37,736

 19,602

 18,134

 18,756

 10,739

 8,017

 10,191

City of Manila

 6,024

 3,178

 2,846

 2,936

 1,698

 1,238

 1,725

City of Mandaluyong

 1,272

 627

 645

 565

 291

 274

 249

City of Marikina

 1,511

 817

 694

 838

 486

 352

 413

City of Pasig

 2,806

 1,463

 1,343

 1,047

 598

 449

 522

Quezon City

 7,285

 3,794

 3,491

 3,847

 2,165

 1,682

 3,483

City of San Juan

 280

 155

 125

 222

 132

 90

 109

City of Caloocan

 4,792

 2,447

 2,345

 2,279

 1,338

 941

 661

City of Malabon

 1,110

 584

 526

 607

 354

 253

 209

City of Navotas

 754

 383

 371

 413

 238

 175

 122

City of Valenzuela

 1,868

 983

 885

 964

 538

 426

 479

City of Las Piñas

 1,615

 866

 749

 948

 531

 417

 320

City of Makati

 1,498

 789

 709

 758

 430

 328

 433

City of Muntinlupa

 1,199

 596

 603

 745

 439

 306

 400

City of Parañaque

 1,734

 887

 847

 973

 579

 394

 230

Pasay City

 1,042

 538

 504

 611

 349

 262

 410

Pateros

 173

 86

 87

 101

 61

 40

 49

City of Taguig

 2,773

 1,409

 1,364

 902

 512

 390

 377

Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)

 

Technical Notes
 
Civil Registration is the recording in the appropriate civil registers, vital acts and events that affect the civil status of individuals.
 
Vital Statistics are derived from information obtained at the time when the occurrences of vital events and their characteristics are inscribed in a civil register.
 
Vital acts and events are the births, deaths, fetal deaths, marriages, and all such events that have something to do with an individual's entrance and departure from life together with the changes in civil status that may occur to a person during his lifetime. Recording of these events in the civil register is known as vital or civil registration and the resulting documents are called vital records.
 
Live Birth - is the complete expulsion or extraction from its mother of a product of conception, irrespective of the duration of pregnancy, which, after such separation, breathes or shows any other evidence of life, such as beating of the heart, pulsation of umbilical cord, or definite movement of the voluntary muscles. Whether or not the umbilical cord has been cut or the placenta is attached; each product of such a birth is considered live born.
 
Marriage - is a special contract of permanent union between a man and a woman entered into in accordance with law for the establishment of conjugal and family life.
 
Death - refers to the permanent disappearance of all evidence of life at any time after live birth has taken place.
 
Counts on Births - include babies born in the Philippines whose mother’s usual residence is in a foreign country.
 
Counts on Deaths - include individuals who died in the Philippines whose usual residence is in a foreign country.
 
Sex Ratio - refers to the number of males per one hundred females.
 
Usual Residence - refers to the place where the person habitually or permanently resides.
 
For more details, please visit www.psa.gov.ph
 
 
 
 
 
(SGD) ESTRELLA R. VARGAS
Chief Statistical Specialist 

Tags: 

Attachments: