Civil Registration and Vital Statistics (City of Muntinlupa): First to Third Quarter 2019 (Preliminary Results)

Reference Number: 

SR-2020 - 33

Release Date: 

Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Statistics on Vital Events City of Muntinlupa: First to Third Quarter 2019
Figures are results of actual registration without any adjustment of under-registration. Civil Registration is a continuous process. Hence, there is a need to establish certain cut-off period. The data presented herein are events occurred from January to September 2019 and processed at PSA-CRS until December 2019. Cumulative figures for January to June reflect updates received in the previous months.
 
City of Muntinlupa registers more than five thousand five hundred live births from first to third quarter of 2019.
 
From January to September of 2019, the City of Muntinlupa registered a total of 5,520 live births. This contributed to 3.56 percent of the 155,185 total number of registered live births in the whole National Capital Region (NCR). The city ranked tenth based on the number of registered live births in NCR. (See Figure 1)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
The number of live births accounted from first to third quarter of 2019 exhibited an increase of 5.16 percent from the 5,249 total registered live births in the same quarters of 2018. Registered live births for males were recorded 2,860 or 52 percent, while the remaining 2,660 or 48 percent were females. This gives a sex ratio of 108 males per 100 females born in the city as registered from first to third cube in 2019. (See Figures 2 and 3)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
Death statistics in the City of Muntinlupa tolls to more than two thousand two hundred in the first three quarters of 2019.
 
A total of 2,264 death occurrences were registered in the first three quarters of 2019 in the City of Muntinlupa. This gave a percentage share of about 3.86 percent of the 58,655 total number of registered deaths in NCR on the same reference period. Based on the number of deaths in NCR, the city ranked eleventh with Quezon City on top of the board. (See Figure 4)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
The reported figure of registered deaths in the past three quarters of 2019 showed an increase of 94 death occurrences or 4.33 percent higher than the previous year of the same reference period. The 56 percent or 1,264 of the death occurrences in the city from January to September of 2019 were males while the remaining 44 percent or 1,000 were females. As to sex ratio, there are 126 males that die for every 100 females in the City of Muntinlupa. (See Figures 5 and 6)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
City of Muntinlupa at number eleven in the number of marriages in NCR.
 
The city accounted a total of 1,334 marriage occurrences from first to third quarter of 2019. This contributed to 3.44 percent of the 38,800 total marriages in the National Capital Region for the same reference period. City of Muntinlupa ranked eleventh in the highest number of marriage occurrences in the prime region. (See Figure 7)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
 
The number of registered marriages obtained from January to September of 2019 displayed a decrease of 9.8 percent from the 1,479 total registered marriages in the same reference period of the previous year. (See Figure 8)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
 
 
 

Table 1. Number of Registered Vital Events by City/Municipality, National Capital Region:

First to Third Quarter 2019

REGION, PROVINCE, CITY/MUNICIPALITY Number of Registered Live Births by Sex and by Usual Residence of Mother Number of Registered Deaths by Sex and by Usual Residence of Deceased Number of Registered Marriages by Place of Occurrence
Both Sexes Male Female Both Sexes Male  Female Total
NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION (NCR) 155,185 80,802 74,383 58,655 32,900 25,755 38,800
City of Manila 23,019 12,023 10,996 9,218 5,229 3,989 7,954
City of Mandaluyong 4,745 2,476 2,269 1,693 919 774 932
City of Marikina 5,485 2,830 2,655 2,484 1,404 1,080 1,438
City of Pasig 10,199 5,287 4,912 3,265 1,853 1,412 1,454
Quezon City 34,937 18,114 16,823 12,872 7,196 5,676 10,862
City of San Juan 1,217 669 548 585 288 297 417
City of Caloocan 18,362 9,575 8,787 6,863 3,836 3,027 3,959
City of Malabon 4,185 2,202 1,983 1,823 1,016 807 519
City of Navotas 3,129 1,587 1,542 1,271 733 538 410
City of Valenzuela 7,914 4,147 3,767 2,953 1,679 1,274 1,436
City of Las Piñas 6,911 3,571 3,340 2,799 1,529 1,270 1,579
City of Makati 5,742 3,065 2,677 2,422 1,324 1,098 1,484
City of Muntinlupa 5,520 2,860 2,660 2,264 1,264 1,000 1,334
City of Parañaque 7,721 4,051 3,670 2,919 1,636 1,283 1,372
Pasay City 4,691 2,484 2,207 1,867 1,085 782 2,303
Pateros 646 310 336 308 159 149 157
City of Taguig 10,762 5,551 5,211 3,049 1,750 1,299 1,190

 

Table 2. Number of Registered Vital Events by City/Municipality, National Capital Region:

First to Third Quarter 2018

REGION, PROVINCE, CITY/MUNICIPALITY Number of Registered Live Births by Sex and by Usual Residence of Mother Number of Registered Deaths by Sex and by Usual Residence of Deceased Number of Registered Marriages by Place of Occurrence
Both Sexes Male Female Both Sexes Male  Female Total
NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION (NCR) 149,953 78,413 71,540 55,295 30,878 24,417 42,218
City of Manila 22,530 11,774 10,756 8,992 4,984 4,008 8,521
City of Mandaluyong 4,582 2,414 2,168 1,609 876 733 992
City of Marikina 5,521 2,880 2,641 2,219 1,250 969 1,568
City of Pasig 8,785 4,570 4,215 3,027 1,646 1,381 1,489
Quezon City 34,584 18,143 16,441 12,211 6,791 5,420 12,254
City of San Juan 1,185 618 567 550 298 252 425
City of Caloocan 18,351 9,644 8,707 6,356 3,625 2,731 4,064
City of Malabon 3,993 2,080 1,913 1,824 1,037 787 582
City of Navotas 2,994 1,548 1,446 1,225 683 542 403
City of Valenzuela 7,776 3,992 3,784 2,739 1,521 1,218 1,432
City of Las Piñas 6,944 3,639 3,305 2,578 1,402 1,176 1,743
City of Makati 5,105 2,734 2,371 2,221 1,250 971 1,705
City of Muntinlupa 5,249 2,735 2,514 2,170 1,175 995 1,479
City of Parañaque 7,725 4,049 3,676 2,773 1,562 1,211 1,745
Pasay City 4,341 2,233 2,108 1,714 986 728 2,411
Pateros 612 312 300 281 147 134 165
City of Taguig 9,676 5,048 4,628 2,806 1,645 1,161 1,240

 

Technical Notes
 
Civil Registration is the recording in the appropriate civil registers, vital acts and events that affect the civil status of individuals.
 
Vital Statistics are derived from information obtained at the time when the occurrences of vital events and their characteristics are inscribed in a civil register.
 
Vital acts and events are the births, deaths, fetal deaths, marriages, and all such events that have something to do with an individual's entrance and departure from life together with the changes in civil status that may occur to a person during his lifetime. Recording of these events in the civil register is known as vital or civil registration and the resulting documents are called vital records.
 
Live Birth - is the complete expulsion or extraction from its mother of a product of conception, irrespective of the duration of pregnancy, which, after such separation, breathes or shows any other evidence of life, such as beating of the heart, pulsation of umbilical cord, or definite movement of the voluntary muscles. Whether or not the umbilical cord has been cut or the placenta is attached; each product of such a birth is considered live born.
 
Marriage - is a special contract of permanent union between a man and a woman entered into in accordance with law for the establishment of conjugal and family life.
 
Death - refers to the permanent disappearance of all evidence of life at any time after live birth has taken place.
 
Counts on Births - include babies born in the Philippines whose mother’s usual residence is in a foreign country.
 
Counts on Deaths - include individuals who died in the Philippines whose usual residence is in a foreign country.
 
Sex Ratio - refers to the number of males per one hundred females.
 
Usual Residence - refers to the place where the person habitually or permanently resides.
 
For more details, please visit www.psa.gov.ph
 
 
 
 
ESTRELLA R. VARGAS
Chief Statistical Specialist 

Tags: 

Attachments: