Civil Registration and Vital Statistics (Pasay City): First Quarter 2019 (Preliminary Results)

Reference Number: 

SR-2020 - 05

Release Date: 

Friday, January 24, 2020
Statistics on Vital Events Pasay City: First Quarter 2019
Civil Registration is a continuous process. Hence, there is a need to establish certain cut-off period. The data presented herein are events that occurred from January to March 2019, registered at the Local Civil Registry Office of Pasay City until April 2019 and submitted to until June 2019. Caution must be employed in interpreting the data since the figures were not adjusted in consideration of under registration.
 
Pasay City registers less than one thousand five hundred live births in the first quarter of 2019.
 
From January to March of 2019, the Pasay City registered a total of 1,417 live births. This contributed to 2.97 percent of the 47,722 total number of registered live births in the whole National Capital Region (NCR). The city ranked thirteenth with the highest number of registered live births in NCR (See Figure 1).
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
The number of live births accounted for the first quarter of 2019 showed an increase of 30 percent from the 1,094 total registered live births in the same quarter of 2018. Registered live births for males were recorded at 751 or 53 percent while the remaining 666 or 47 percent were females. This gives a sex ratio of 113 males per 100 females born in the city as registered in the first cube of 2019 (See Figures 2 and 3).
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
Death statistics in the Pasay City tolls to almost six hundred in the first quarter of 2019.
 
A total of 592 death occurrences were registered in the first quarter of 2019 in the Pasay City. This gave a percentage share of about three percent of the 19,749 total number of registered deaths in the NCR on the same period. The city ranked thirteenth on the most number of deaths in the NCR, with Quezon City on top of the board (See Figure 4).
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
The reported figure of registered deaths in the first quarter of 2019 showed an increase of 72 death occurrences or 14 percent higher than the previous year of the same quarter. The 55 percent or 327 of the death occurrences in the city from January to March of 2019 were males while the remaining 45 percent or 265 were females. As to sex ratio, there are 123 males that die for every 100 females in the Pasay City (See Figures 5 and 6).
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
Pasay City at number four in the number of marriages in the National Capital Region.
 
The city accounted a total of 972 marriage occurrences in the first three months of 2019. This contributed to 6.77 percent of the 14,348 total marriages in the NCR on the same period. Pasay City ranked fourth in the highest number of marriage occurrences in the prime region (See Figure 7).
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
The number of registered marriages obtained for the first three months of 2019 showed an increase of 49 percent from the 651 total registered marriages in the same quarter of the previous year (see figure 8).
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
 
 
 
 
Table 1. Number of Registered Vital Events by City/Municipality, National Capital Region: First Quarter 2019
REGION, CITY/MUNICIPALITY
Number of Live Births by Sex and by Usual Residence of Mother
Number of Deaths by Sex and by Usual Residence of Deceased
Number of Marriages by Place of Occurrence
Both Sexes
Male
Female
Both Sexes
Male
Female
Total
NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION (NCR)
47,722
24,844
22,878
19,749
10,976
8,773
14,348
      City of Manila
7,160
3,720
3,440
3,052
1,744
1,308
2,947
      City of Mandaluyong
1,485
766
719
557
298
259
337
      City of Marikina
1,691
855
836
917
499
418
522
      City of Pasig
2,907
1,513
1,394
1,087
611
476
474
      Quezon City
11,021
5,642
5,379
4,436
2,444
1,992
4,018
      City of San Juan
395
208
187
194
95
99
178
      City of Caloocan
5,915
3,126
2,789
2,330
1,286
1,044
1,079
      City of Malabon
1,292
683
609
658
392
266
270
      City of Navotas
997
483
514
461
273
188
176
      City of Valenzuela
2,346
1,249
1,097
991
544
447
528
       City of Las Piñas
2,034
1,092
942
898
502
396
621
       City of Makati
1,750
932
818
816
439
377
585
       City of Muntinlupa
1,596
818
778
711
380
331
569
       City of Parañaque
2,390
1,276
1,114
953
519
434
568
       Pasay City
1,417
751
666
592
327
265
972
       Pateros
181
90
91
106
54
52
71
       City of Taguig
3,145
1,640
1,505
990
569
421
433
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
 
 
Table 2. Number of Registered Vital Events by City/Municipality, National Capital Region: First Quarter 2018
REGION, CITY/MUNICIPALITY
Number of Live Births by Sex and by Usual Residence of Mother
Number of Deaths by Sex and by Usual Residence of Deceased
Number of Marriages by Place of Occurrence
Both Sexes
Male
Female
Both Sexes
Male
Female
Total
NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION (NCR)
41,842
21,735
20,107
16,839
9,403
7,436
13,907
      City of Manila
6,628
3,423
3,205
2,867
1,554
1,313
2,951
      City of Mandaluyong
1,312
693
619
539
278
261
343
      City of Marikina
1,554
803
751
708
393
315
528
      City of Pasig
2,682
1,382
1,300
929
517
412
505
      Quezon City
9,832
5,136
4,696
3,335
1,874
1,461
3,775
      City of San Juan
316
163
153
174
101
73
184
      City of Caloocan
4,886
2,597
2,289
1,971
1,116
855
1,334
      City of Malabon
1,002
533
469
554
335
219
295
      City of Navotas
833
419
414
406
238
168
157
      City of Valenzuela
2,085
1,049
1,036
833
448
385
404
      City of Las Piñas
1,711
878
833
812
433
379
561
      City of Makati
1,620
834
786
687
405
282
588
      City of Muntinlupa
1,136
596
540
672
363
309
543
      City of Parañaque
1,957
1,021
936
865
483
382
621
      Pasay City
1,094
564
530
520
296
224
651
      Pateros
195
99
96
92
45
47
74
      City of Taguig
2,999
1,545
1,454
875
524
351
393
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
 
 
 
Technical Notes
 
Vital statistics are derived from information obtained at the time when the occurrences of vital events and their characteristics are inscribed in a civil register.
 
Vital acts and events are the births, deaths, fetal deaths, marriages, and all such events that have something to do with an individual's entrance and departure from life together with the changes in civil status that may occur to a person during his lifetime. Recording of these events in the civil register is known as vital or civil registration and the resulting documents are called vital records.
 
Live Birth - is the complete expulsion or extraction from its mother of a product of conception, irrespective of the duration of pregnancy, which, after such separation, breathes or shows any other evidence of life, such as beating of the heart, pulsation of umbilical cord, or definite movement of the voluntary muscles. Whether or not the umbilical cord has been cut or the placenta is attached; each product of such a birth is considered live born.
 
Marriage - is a special contract of permanent union between a man and a woman entered into in accordance with law for the establishment of conjugal and family life.
 
Death - refers to the permanent disappearance of all evidence of life at any time after live birth has taken place.
 
Sex Ratio - refers to the number of males per one hundred females.
 
Usual Residence - refers to the place where the person habitually or permanently resides.
 
For more details, please visit www.psa.gov.ph
 
 
 
 
 
BAMBIE A. VILLARUEL
Supervising Statistical Specialist
Officer-in-charge
 

 

Tags: 

Attachments: