Civil Registration and Vital Statistics (Pasay City): First to Second Quarter 2019 (Preliminary Results)

Reference Number: 

SR-2020 - 25

Release Date: 

Tuesday, June 2, 2020
Statistics on Vital Events Pasay City: First to Second Quarter 2019
Figures are not adjusted for under-registration. The data presented herein are events occurred from January to June 2019, registered at LCRO of Pasay City until July 2019 and submitted to PSA-CRS until September 2019. Cumulative figures for January to March reflect updates received in the previous months and may differ from the First Quarter Release which was previously published.
 
Pasay City registers almost three thousand live births in the first half of 2019.
 
From January to June of 2019, the Pasay City registered a total of 2,997 live births. This contributed to 3.04 percent of the 97,985 total number of registered live births in the whole National Capital Region (NCR). The city ranked thirteenth with the highest number of registered live births in NCR (See Figure 1).
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
The number of live births accounted from first to second quarter of 2019 showed an increase of 24.05 percent from the 2,416 total registered live births in the same quarters of 2018. Registered live births for males were recorded at 1,569 or 53 percent while the remaining 1,408 or 47 percent were females. This gives a sex ratio of 111 males per 100 females born in the city as registered in the first half of 2019 (See Figures 2 and 3).
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
Death statistics in Pasay City tolls to more than one thousand in the first semester of 2019.
 
A total of 1,246 death occurrences were registered in the first semester of 2019 in the Pasay City. This gave a percentage share of about 3.18 percent of the 39,162 total number of registered deaths in the NCR on the same period. The city ranked twelfth on the most number of deaths in NCR, with Quezon City on top of the board (See Figure 4).
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
The reported figure of registered deaths in the first semester of 2019 showed an increase of 155 death occurrences or 14.21 percent higher than the previous year of the same semester. The 56 percent or 702 of the death occurrences in the city from January to June of 2019 were males while the remaining 44 percent or 544 were females. As to sex ratio, there are 129 males that die for every 100 females in Pasay City(See Figures 5 and 6).
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
Pasay City at number four in the number of marriages in NCR.
 
The city accounted a total of 1,640 marriage occurrences in the first six months of 2019. This contributed to 6.21 percent of the 26,418 total marriages in National Capital Region on the same period. Pasay City ranked fourth in the highest number of marriage occurrences in the prime region (See Figure 7).
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
The number of registered marriages obtained for the first six months of 2019 showed an increase of 13.57 percent from the 1,444 total registered marriages on the same period of the previous year (See Figure 8).
 
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
 
 
 

Table 1. Number of Registered Vital Events by City/Municipality, National Capital Region:

First to Second Quarter 2019

REGION, PROVINCE, CITY/MUNICIPALITY Number of Registered Live Births by Sex and by Usual Residence of Mother Number of Registered Deaths by Sex and by Usual Residence of Deceased Number of Registered Marriages by Place of Occurrence
Both Sexes Male Female Both Sexes Male  Female Total
NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION (NCR) 97,985 51,080 46,905 39,162 21,770 17,392 26,418
City of Manila 14,831 7,730 7,101 6,165 3,464 2,701 5,716
City of Mandaluyong 3,070 1,596 1,474 1,113 583 530 643
City of Marikina 3,515 1,832 1,683 1,722 965 757 1,035
City of Pasig 6,445 3,356 3,089 2,185 1,209 976 961
Quezon City 22,418 11,650 10,768 8,707 4,847 3,860 7,027
City of San Juan 793 424 369 391 194 197 311
City of Caloocan 12,257 6,425 5,832 4,526 2,487 2,039 2,256
City of Malabon 2,675 1,404 1,271 1,213 701 512 406
City of Navotas 1,994 999 995 821 483 338 329
City of Valenzuela 4,922 2,571 2,351 1,970 1,098 872 1,023
City of Las Piñas 4,365 2,288 2,077 1,854 1,019 835 1,063
City of Makati 3,628 1,939 1,689 1,600 868 732 1,029
City of Muntinlupa 3,012 1,531 1,481 1,498 831 667 957
City of Parañaque 4,629 2,413 2,216 1,971 1,085 886 1,033
Pasay City 2,977 1,569 1,408 1,246 702 544 1,640
Pateros 408 211 197 214 111 103 116
City of Taguig 6,046 3,142 2,904 1,966 1,123 843 873
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 

 

Table 2. Number of Registered Vital Events by City/Municipality, National Capital Region:

First to Second Quarter 2018

REGION, PROVINCE, CITY/MUNICIPALITY Number of Registered Live Births by Sex and by Usual Residence of Mother Number of Registered Deaths by Sex and by Usual Residence of Deceased Number of Registered Marriages by Place of Occurrence
Both Sexes Male Female Both Sexes Male  Female Total
NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION (NCR) 90,563 47,234 43,329 35,753 20,004 15,749 28,832
City of Manila 13,955 7,282 6,673 5,750 3,177 2,573 5,943
City of Mandaluyong 2,802 1,466 1,336 1,046 556 490 660
City of Marikina 3,356 1,737 1,619 1,453 809 644 1,108
City of Pasig 5,763 2,977 2,786 1,972 1,062 910 1,051
Quezon City 20,438 10,713 9,725 7,917 4,423 3,494 8,350
City of San Juan 715 365 350 349 191 158 319
City of Caloocan 11,053 5,808 5,245 4,126 2,363 1,763 2,650
City of Malabon 2,370 1,244 1,126 1,180 681 499 452
City of Navotas 1,861 949 912 804 445 359 311
City of Valenzuela 4,361 2,244 2,117 1,754 978 776 967
City of Las Piñas 3,974 2,070 1,904 1,690 927 763 1,133
City of Makati 3,424 1,822 1,602 1,427 820 607 1,206
City of Muntinlupa 2,762 1,451 1,311 1,390 761 629 1,090
City of Parañaque 4,485 2,331 2,154 1,833 1,032 801 1,109
Pasay City 2,416 1,223 1,193 1,091 614 477 1,444
Pateros 414 211 203 176 88 88 120
City of Taguig 6,414 3,341 3,073 1,795 1,077 718 919
Source: Philippine Statistics Authority, Civil Registration Service, Vital Statistics Division (Preliminary Results)
 
 
 
 
Technical Notes
 
Vital statistics are derived from information obtained at the time when the occurrences of vital events and their characteristics are inscribed in a civil register.
 
Vital acts and events are the births, deaths, fetal deaths, marriages, and all such events that have something to do with an individual's entrance and departure from life together with the changes in civil status that may occur to a person during his lifetime. Recording of these events in the civil register is known as vital or civil registration and the resulting documents are called vital records.
 
Live Birth - is the complete expulsion or extraction from its mother of a product of conception, irrespective of the duration of pregnancy, which, after such separation, breathes or shows any other evidence of life, such as beating of the heart, pulsation of umbilical cord, or definite movement of the voluntary muscles. Whether or not the umbilical cord has been cut or the placenta is attached; each product of such a birth is considered live born.
 
Marriage - is a special contract of permanent union between a man and a woman entered into in accordance with law for the establishment of conjugal and family life.
 
Death - refers to the permanent disappearance of all evidence of life at any time after live birth has taken place.
 
Sex Ratio - refers to the number of males per one hundred females.
 
Usual Residence - refers to the place where the person habitually or permanently resides.
 
For more details, please visit www.psa.gov.ph
 
 
 
 
 
BAMBIE A. VILLARUEL
Supervising Statistical Specialist
Officer-in-charge

 

Tags: 

Attachments: